Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mexico 2012

I would apologize for not posting but really, I've already posted twice in March and plus I was lying around doing nothing on various beaches/pools on the Mexican Riviera so ...........

This vacation was planned last fall, and a good thing too because if we'd received daughter's orthodontist estimate before committing to flights we would likely have stayed home and eaten day old bread for March break. As it was we spent fourteen glorious days in Mexico with "former neighbours" and it was. well glorious. I love Mexico, I love the weather, I love the "manana", I love the seafood, I really love the prices for beer and rum.

This was our second trip with "former neighbours", though they weren't former on the first foray. The first trip in 2009 we rented a three bedroom condo in the Hotel Zone of Puerto Vallarta but this trip we needed four bedrooms so we ventured north of town, way north in fact to the village of La Cruz de Huanacaxtle. La Cruz is roughly 30K north of Puerto Vallarta and hasn't really been developed much yet, our accommodations, a 4 bedroom 3000 square foot villa, was in a gated community of 40+ properties on a small beach at the south end of town.  Our house was about 200 yards from the beach but the walk was an easy one on tile pathways lined with palms and a series of small pools. The photos show the views from each side of the fourth floor rooftop deck. We were flanked by two other "gated communities" but La Cruz itself has no resort hotels and just a handful of restaurants, but does have an excellent fish market.

Basically we spent two weeks beach hopping, body surfing, pool lounging, eating fresh seafood and drinking lots of beer and blender drinks. We did venture into Puerto Vallarta a couple of times, about an hour by bus, or 40 minutes by car, to enjoy some shopping and a beach lunch at one of our favourite "Old Town" restaurants. I ate so much guacamole I feared my skin would end up with a green hue, but apparently not. We returned to gorgeous sunshine but not quite the 30+ degree celsius temperatures we were used to and now the rains appear back on the horizon. Sigh.

I think it'll be awhile before we get back to Mexico, but I'm already scouting locations.


No comments:

Post a Comment