Monday, June 19, 2006

The Colour Yellow

It was my birthday last week and Father's day on Sunday. My birthday saw a quiet family dinner but Sunday was a bit more of a boisterous affair, wife decided to combine my birthday with Father's day and have an outdoor party for 30 or so, but that's another story.

I arrived home from work Saturday night and toddled into the kitchen for a beer ............ and there they were. Our Dining Room, or Eating Room as we refer to it since Dining Room seems a bit grand, floor was covered in yellow balloons. I was surprised at the quantity but not the colour, you see yellow is my favourite colour, sort of.

I never really had a favourite colour until the day Daughter, about 2 1/2 at the time, asked me what my favourite colour was. Now one thing I can say for certain is that it is pointless to try and explain to a 2 1/2 year old that you don't have a favourite colour, so I arbitrarily chose yellow. Ever since that day yellow has been my favourite colour, and it will be forever I suspect. I now own yellow shirts and socks and now a lovely yellow tablecloth whereas before I had virtually no contact with yellow.

The funny thing is I really do like yellow and it may, in fact, be my favourite colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment